Finding yourself: having moments where you think to yourself "Am I going or Coming?". There lies a myriad of reasons that people often forget to consistently include Self-Care in their day to day routines. Sure, at times, we're consumed by real life experiences, hardships or unexpected circumstances, but does that mean that we should forgo effectively taking care of ourselves? You already the answer is NO! However, we're still conflicted with our obligations that we may transform into excuses not to do certain things . . . things that are beneficial to our well being.
The truth is: Self-Care isn't a one-time encounter or success story, it's not just something that you do once, and then you're all set for the remainder of your time on this earth. It is rather, repetitive improvements of positively implemented habits and routines, that in the aggregate, soothe your mind, body, and soul.
Consistency is key, which ensures that you live and perform at optimum levels in all aspects —spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Everyone is entitled to practice in ways that fit their lifestyle, and to be realistic about what works for them, and what doesn't. While there's no set formula on how to do that, from experience, I know that it requires a great depth of commitment to achieve.
The most effective way to achieve Self-Care to realize your maximum potential is to incorporate habits, no matter how large or small every single day. They say that it usually takes 21 days to form a habit, so why not try this with caring for yourself? I think you'll discover remarkable results if you indulge this theory.
The ultimate goal is to regularly include in your life, activities, reminders, prayers, or meditation to showcase your love and attention for your mind, body, and soul.
The following tips below, are small but impact self-care activities that you can introduce into your lifestyle with small time period, and ones that bear minimal cost. Simply, select one from each category group, and infuse them into your life this week, and as much as possible, honestly:
Self-Care for your Mind:
- start a mental compliment library: record monumental, success or simply great things about yourself, accomplishments, or small wins from day to day.
- Reevaluate your decision-making process: be mindful of when to lead with your heart versus your mind. You gain more control over your life this way, and devote the proper energy to appropriate issues or life events.
- Spice up your routine: scenery and imagery serves as a major factor to our perception, and how we develop viewpoints, and how we move. Try a different work route, or a different exercise once in a while.
- Unplug: take small timeouts from the world, social media and other media platforms to free yourself for a moment, and dive into self-reflection.
- Remove Negative Energy: assess components of life that are draining, and replace them with people, places and things that will produce fruitful positive experiences and reinforcements.
Self for your Body:
- Improve your diet with healthy options: nutrition serves for 80% of your temples DNA, its essential to make sure your consuming proper foods, vitamins, and nutrients that aid in life sustainment and bodily performance.
- Incorporate Exercise: physical conditions account for a vast majority of the demise of humans, especially minorities. It is paramount that you "push your body to the limit" to build strength, proper conditioning, and overall durable physique that works in conjunction with your mental strength.
- Conduct Physical Checkups: body scan techniques are extremely beneficial; after all, don't you want to know what's going on with your temple. Check in from time to time.
- Sunshine time: expose yourself to some great rays and maintain that melanin (with appropriate sunscreen lol - No burns please).
- Grow that intimate rapport with yourself: take a moment to admire yourself without judgment. Be grateful for your existence, and what you ultimately contribute to your life.
Self-Care for the Soul:
- Maintain or grow your spiritual foundation: always keep your faith and religious practices intact. It's important to incorporate your faith into your life or whatever set of divine beliefs you ascribe to.
- Live in Charity: lend a helping hand and pay it forward when you can. Give the blessings in other ways, just as you received them in other ways.
- Spark Human Interaction: try conversing with a new person to learn and share life experiences. We learn by sharing and being receptive to one another.
- Prioritize how you spend time: assess what you give your time to, and incorporate time for more things that are important to you.
- Spoil yourself: from time to time, set a Spa appointment, pamper yourself and groom how your groove: Flawlessly!
The takeaway point(s) are that, the little increments of attention that you devote to yourself will ultimately manifest into great results and transformations for your life. Feeling more connected to yourself enhances self-identity, and also impacts your ability to connect with people.
Incorporate these small impact Self-Care tips into your life, and see how it works out.